Our Mission

FrogSpeak is a space for students to share and learn from the experiences of others aimed at fighting the stigma surrounding mental health - one story at a time.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Mirrors are funny. Sometimes I can look in the mirror and LOVE the way my legs look. So what if they’re muscular? Other times, I can look at them and think, “Look at those disgusting thunder thighs and all that cellulite.” My brain does that with every part of my body though, nothing is safe from harsh scrutiny. After I was diagnosed, my mom took away all the mirrors….that was about a year ago. Now I have a full body mirror in my dorm room. People say the way it’s angled makes them look skinnier than normal, and I can’t help but hope the opposite. I could spend days crying in front of that mirror. Hoping, waiting for the day I could be happy with all of me. With or without my disorder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment